Monday, February 4, 2013

Week 27



How far along? 27 weeks and 6 days..85 days to go!



Baby's Development:  My uterus is about the size of a basketball and Sophia is just over 2 lbs and about 15 inches from head to toe…the size of a head of cauliflower! Her hearing is also improving and she might be able to recognize her Mommy and Daddy’s voices by now. Baby’s taste buds are also more developed and she can taste the difference in what I am eating, although she gets it about 2 hours after I eat it. Spicy foods may also trigger hiccups at this point and although Sophia gets them at least once every day or two…hers aren’t from spicy foods because I haven’t been eating them!



Maternity clothes?  All pants and most shirts.  I know it’s still a ways away, but I am excited about the weather getting warmer so I don’t have to worry about pants and just throw on a dress!

Weight Gain? 7 lbs over pre-pregnancy weight, but we will see what the Dr. says this Friday. 

Am I Showing? Yep! A lot of the people that came to the baby shower haven’t really seen me since I “popped” majorly and I got a lot of surprised faces and fun comments about the growing belly.

Sleep?  Meh…still more of the same.

Exciting Moment? Our very first baby shower was this past weekend! We had a blast and loaded up on some awesome goodies for Sophia! It was so funny…as we starting opening up our first gift, Matt all of the sudden say “Oh wow, it just hit me, I’m having a kid!” It was a surreal moment to say the least.  Our hostesses did such an amazing job with the decorations and the food was delicious! We are so thankful and so blessed!


My lovely hostesses


Me and hubby
Jamie and I have been friends since we were 6!
BFF's!

Sunday we braved the cold and wind and took some maternity pictures in the little downtown area of our town where we also took some engagement pictures.  Our friend Jessica took them for us and we saw a few sneak peeks on her camera as she was taking them.  They looked awesome and she is so talented, so I can’t wait to see them all!

Gender:   GIRL!

Stretch marks? None yet!

What do I miss? Nothing really this week

How have I been feeling? A few aches and pains..feeling a little more tired than usual, heartburn, etc. but nothing crazy! Just normal pregnancy symptoms I guess! She loooves to push on my bladder with her little head, so I am back to feeling like I gotta pee alllll the time!

Movement:  Yep! I am feeling hourly movement now.  Sophia is always super active right after I eat anything…especially strawberries!

Food cravings:  Blueberries! Any brunch foods, too.  I made crepes for breakfast this weekend and they were delicious!

Food aversions: None, really.

Rings on or off? Still on

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy, happy, happy!

Looking forward to:  Our dr.’s appointment this Friday and getting to see the pictures that Jess took this weekend!

2 comments: