Friday, February 20, 2015

25 Weeks!



How far along? 25 Weeks 5 days pregnant with baby girl #2! 100 Days to go!


Baby's Development: My uterus is about the size of a soccer ball right now and baby is 9 inches and more than a pound and a half….about the size of a rutabaga…whatever that is! Her skin is starting to turn pinker because capillaries are starting to form under the skin and fill with blood. Blood vessels are also developing in the baby’s lungs.  Nostril are also starting to open up this week and allows little one to practice taking breaths.


Maternity clothes? Leggings for life! Seriously...isn't it time for spring yet?

Weight Gain? I've made it up to pre-pregnancy weight! woohoo!

Am I Showing? Yep!

Sleep? I'm waking up about 2-3 times a night to use the restroom, but luckily I am able to get back to sleep fairly easily.  About once a week, I wake up at 3:00ish am and can't get back to sleep for a few hours. The cold is also making me super congested so it's hard to breathe sometimes.  It could be (and will probably get) much worse, so I'll take it.

Exciting Moment? The other night, Matt had his hand on my belly because Stella was having a dance party, and Sophia came over and put her hand on my tummy too and said "sissy." It was super sweet and luckily Matt got a picture of it.



Gender: Girl!

Stretch marks? Still good here...applying my bio oil every morning!

What do I miss? Not feeling super duper full after two bites of dinner.  Everyone jokes about how much pregnant women eat.  You know who eats more? Nursing women! You're hungry literally every minute of the day, but the nice thing is your organs aren't being squished, so you have room for everything! Plus, you have to eat extra calories...it's pretty glorious!

How have I been feeling?  Pretty good still, thank God! I am noticing that it's getting more uncomfortable to carry Sophia around for long periods of time. :( Imagine wearing a hoodie and having a bowling ball (that wiggles) in your hoodie pocket PLUS carrying a 27lb toddler.  I'm sure Stella isn't as heavy as a bowling ball yet, but you get the idea. I get pretty tired by the end of the day, too. 

Movement: ALLLL the time still! I love it.  Sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night and lay back down to sleep, I can feel her wiggling around in there and it keeps me up because it's so fun to feel! The movements are definitely moving away from cute little pops to more forceful rolls as she gets bigger. 

Food cravings: I've rediscovered my sweet tooth...

Food aversions: None anymore, thankfully!

Rings on or off? Still on

Happy or Moody most of the time: Feeling great!

Baby "To Do" List: We ordered our double stroller and got it in yesterday! I am sooo excited about it. We went with the City Select double stroller because I found an AMAZING deal on one during President's day!


I love that I can use it now with Sophia and add the second seat to use it with Stella too.  I told Matt it's like the Cadillac of strollers.  I know we will get tons of use out of it.  Thankfully, Sophia is pretty good about riding in the stroller, so it's definitely going to come in handy. Next on our list is the dresser and glider/rocking chair and then we will be all set to start putting it allll together (Matt is really excited about this, let me tell you. :/)

Comparison: 25 weeks with Sophia HERE.


1 comment:

  1. FOR REAL about the preggo eating- it can make me mad sometimes that I can't eat more! I want more food but there is no room, ahh!!! :) But the nursing horizon is in sight & I can't wait for a normal appetite again. Bring on the Mexican!!!!

    ReplyDelete