Tuesday, January 22, 2013

25 weeks...into the double digits!




Bare belly! Out of control!
How far along? 25 weeks and 6 days..we are in the double digits now..99 days to go until due date!








Baby's Development:  My uterus is about the size of a soccer ball right now and baby is 9 inches and more than a pound and a half….about the size of a rutabaga…whatever that is! Her skin is starting to turn pinker because capillaries are starting to form under the skin and fill with blood. Blood vessels are also developing in the baby’s lungs.  Nostril are also starting to open up this week and allows little one to practice taking breaths






Maternity clothes? All pants..half and half on shirts, although the regular ones are starting to get shorter and shorter.

Weight Gain?  According to my scale, I am 6+ lbs over my pre-preg weight.

Am I Showing? There is no denying this bump! I am nervous to see how big it’s going to get in the next 14ish weeks…I’m already feeling pretty stretched out and I still have the last trimester left!

Sleep?  I’m still waking up about every 3 hours or so..not fun at all. It’s starting to take longer to get comfortable when I wake up and rolling over takes quite a bit of effort. Plus, my hips are always hurting when I wake up in the morning.  It’s getting fun, guys!

Exciting Moment? This was a pretty low-key week for us.  We had some friends over this weekend to watch the Falcons game, so even though we lost..we had fun with them!

Gender:   GIRL!

Stretch marks? Not yet *crossing fingers*

What do I miss? Getting a full night’s sleep, not having the hip/back pain

How have I been feeling? I’m definitely getting nervous and anxious about being closer to the end than the beginning and I still have a bit of a ways to go!  I am trying to enjoy every moment and every little kick or roll I feel.  I know that there are so many women out there that will never be pregnant or get to experience it and I know how lucky and blessed Matt and I are, so I am trying hard to live in the moment and not waste this time away.  I do that too easily sometimes..I am always excited about the next phase and I am not a patient person (clearly…Matt and I got engaged after dating for a month and got pregnant 2 months after we got married!). But I am trying to enjoy the moments before Sophia gets here just as much as the ones after she gets here.

It also feels weird to not be able to move around as comfortably as when I’m not pregnant. I also heard that you’re really tired during the 1st and 3rd trimesters and during the second one, you get your pop of energy.  I never got much of a “pop” but I can start to feel the exhaustion of the 3rd trimester coming on.  I think it has to do more with the crappy sleep I get than anything else!

Movement: Oh yes! She’s very active and quite strong.  I love watching my belly jiggle around when she moves.  She also gets hiccups quite often.

Food cravings:  Ice cream and baked goods..but I’m trying to stay away from those or limit how often I indulge.  I have started making a green smoothie in the mornings for breakfast.  I normally do fruit, greek yogurt, organic milk, spinach, and some agave nectar.  I also borrowed my Mom’s Breville juicer, so I am trying to get some greens in by juicing a couple of times a week in the evenings.  I’m still working on recipes..the first one tasted like pickles and kinda bombed.

Food aversions: Nope, just watching out for indigestion and making sure I am eating smaller meals so I don’t get uncomfortably full.

Rings on or off? Still on

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy, happy, happy!

Looking forward to:  Getting closer to the third trimester J

2 comments: