Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Week 22 in Review




How far along? 22 weeks 6 days



*Side note...we will be having a baby this YEAR! YAY for 2013!



Baby's Development:  According to WTEWYE, Sophia has officially broken the 1 lb mark and she is about 8-11 inches long.  Her sense of touch is starting to develop and her gripe is also getting stronger, maybe even grabbing onto the umbilical cord! Eyesight is getting better and now eyelashes and eyebrows are well formed.



Maternity clothes? Oh yes! All pants and some shirts.  I got a couple of gift cards for Christmas, so I used those to order some more essentials to get me through the next couple of months from Old Navy and I am waiting to get those in!

Weight Gain? I'm about 5 lbs over my pre-preg weight according to my scale.  I have a dr's appointment on the 11th, so we'll see what they say.

Am I showing? Yep! The belly is  a-growing! There is no sucking this thing in now.  My belly button is definitely flattening out, too.  I don't know if it will "pop" or not, but it's getting there!

Sleep? It's still so-so, but it is what it is.  My hips start to hurt if I lay on one side for too long, so that has a tendency to wake me up a couple of times a night, in addition to having to use the restroom.

Exciting Moment? Just trying to enjoy the holidays and the time off.  We finally got the guest room cleaned out.  We had a ton of stuff to donate and put in storage and it feels so nice for all of that stuff to be out of the house!

Sophia had the hiccups this week and Matt got to feel those! He was also laying on my belly one night and got kicked in the head!

Our NYE plans included the Chik-Fil-A bowl with some friends.  My friend Whitney got to feel her kicking at one point during the game when she was having a dance party.

We also updated our Babies R Us registry with some little girl things! We still have to work on our Target one.

We have some baby shower dates! YAY! I am SO EXCITED! Our first one is scheduled for Feb. 2! WOOHOO!

Gender: Sweet baby GIRL!

Stretch marks? None yet..I am lathering up in Burt’s Bees belly oil and thick lotion every morning!

What do I miss? Not having heartburn often and not always feeling full like I do now.

How have I been feeling? Still dealing with bad heartburn/indigestion.  I can definitely tell that my stomach is being squished.  I was ok just taking Tums as needed, but I've had to take a Zantac a couple of times this week, too.

I'm also starting to feel uncomfortable.  Nothing crazy, but just a general discomfort.  I'm sure I look quite funny rolling around and trying to get out of bed..it's starting to take some serious effort! I also always feel full.  My appetite has seriously decreased these past couple of weeks.  I am still full after a meal for hours and I get full pretty quickly when I'm eating, too. I'm also still feeling out of breath.  I feel like it's way too early for me to feel like this! LOL

Movement: YES! and I love it! She moves all the time and the kicks are getting stronger...so much fun!

Food cravings: Loving some chocolate milk right now!

Food aversions: Still chicken…especially if it’s a while chicken breast. Shredded chicken is ok now… and marinara sauce.

Rings on or off? On! Hopefully staying that way for a while!

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy, but still easily irritated!  

Looking forward to:  Getting the clothes that I ordered! It's the little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment