Tuesday, January 29, 2013

26 Weeks! Last week of the 2nd trimester...


How far along? 26 weeks and 6 days..we are in the double digits now..92 days to go until due date and last week of the 2nd trimester!

Baby's Development:  She is about 9 inches tall and right at 2lbs…about the size of an English hothouse cucumber.  Baby Sophia’s eyes have been closed so that the retina could develop, but they are now starting to open and her immune system is rapidly developing, too. Brain wave activity is also kicking in at this stage in development and she can hear and respond to noises with a possible increase in pulse rate or activity. Baby is also continuing to practice breathe by inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid.


Maternity clothes?  Yep..I spent a good 20 minutes trying to find a non-maternity dress to wear to work today to no avail.  My bed looked like my closet has thrown up and I ended up in pants a t-shirt.

Weight Gain? 6 lbs over pre-pregnancy weight, but we will see what the Dr. says next week. 

Am I Showing? Definitely.  However…I still find myself surprised sometimes when I look down and I see a belly.  I think I was waiting to have a legit bump for so long and now that I do..I don’t know what to do with it! It definitely catches me off guard sometimes.

Sleep?  Uggh…let’s not even go here.  At least I’m preparing myself for a new baby…there’s the bright side.

Exciting Moment? We got the rug for Sohpia’s room this week.  Appropriately enough…the style name is “Sofia.”  It’s meant to be, I tell you.  I love it…it’s squishy and you can rub your face in it if you wanted to.  We also got a new fridge this week! Woohoo! Our old kept leaking water and the ice maker no longer worked, so it got moved to the garage as the drink fridge.

Gender:   GIRL!

Stretch marks? None yet…still lathering on Burt’s Bees belly oil.  That stuff goes a long way! I’m only on the second bottle since I found out I was pregnant and it is still 3/4ths full.  Not sure if it’s working or not, but I’m gonna keep using it!

What do I miss? Sleep and my clothes fitting… first world problems, I know, I know.

How have I been feeling? I have some aches and pains, but nothing crazy.  The indigestion/heartburn has increased and I can never get comfortable to sleep at night because I am always trying to flip over when my hip/sciatica starts hurting.  I tried the pillow in between the legs thing and it didn’t do much for me.

I am normally a very cold-natured person, but the last week or so I feel like I am always hot! I even turned off the heat last night…something I never do! I am always the one turning it on!

I am not feeling as stretched out as I was a couple of weeks ago..I think my body is getting used to the belly, but I am still feeling full very easily after I eat and if I eat too much I stay uncomfortably full for a very long time!

Movement:  Yep…still pretty consistently. Her movements will vary..one week they will be super strong all day long and the next week, they don’t feel as strong..it’s back and forth. I can also tell that she has moved locations.  I was feeling a lot of movement down low for a while, but now I feel it in the center on my belly, unless she has hiccups which I still feel low.  I guess she has flipped cause she was breech at our 20 weeks appointment.

Food cravings:  I am all about some sweets/baked goods and pastries right now.  I am trying to limit myself and get some salads in, but man is it difficult! I am still drinking my smoothies in the mornings and I have added a scoop of Amazing Grass Green Superfood, to it along with my spinach. I forgot how much I loved that stuff!

Food aversions: None, really.

Rings on or off? Still on

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy, happy, happy! And tired…

Looking forward to:  Our first couples shower this weekend for our local friends.  We are also having our very talented friend, Jessica White take some maternity pictures for us before the shower.  She did some of our engagement pictures and they turned out great, so I am excited to see how these turn out! We are taking them in the town square again…they are filming a movie there right now, so I hope we will still be able to do them! My Dr’s appointment is also next week.  Although I am nervous about it because it’s my glucose test appointment, I feel like every appointment is one closer to having Sophia!

No comments:

Post a Comment