Thursday, April 23, 2015

34 weeks


How far along? 34 weeks and 4 days



Baby's Development: Stella is about the size of a melon! She is measuring about 20 inches and according to our ultrasound this week, she is weighing about 4 lbs 13 ozs! That might not sound like a lot, but I can sure feel it! her fingernails now reach the end of her fingers. She can also open and close her eyes..some research shows that her pupils are also dilating in response to bright lights. At this point she is just plumping up and gaining that baby weight!



Maternity clothes? Leggings and tshirts plus maxi dresses with a higher waist are pretty much where it's at right now.

Weight Gain? 7 lbs over pre-pregnancy weight

Am I Showing? Oh yea..how is it that it feels so much bigger in real life than it does in pictures?

Sleep? Soooo sleepy this week.  Like...all day exhaustion.  I am still getting up 2-3 times a night to use the restroom and take heartburn meds.  One night, I literally had to pee 4 times before I actually fell asleep.  Luckily, I am able to fall back asleep quickly most nights. I have been napping when Sophia naps pretty much each day this week.

Exciting Moment?  The highlight of this week was definitely our ultrasound we had! We didn't have a third trimester US with Sophia, so this was a nice treat! Everything measured perfect, amniotic fluid looked great and so did Stella! She measured right about 4 lbs 13 ozs (about 5 lbs is the normal range for 34 weeks) and our Dr. estimated that she'll be in the low 7lbs at birth.  We'll see how accurate that is when she gets here! She was squirming around like crazy in there and it was so fun to see her again! Matt got to come to this appointment which was great because he had to miss out on our 20 week appointment since Sophia was sick.  He sat with Sophia and she was so sweet looking at the screen.  She kept saying "Dance Stewwa" and "Mo Stewwa!" when we were in the back. She kept talking about it after we left. :)

We also talked about my glucose test at the last appointment.  Mine was about 53, which is on the low side, but I passed.  Definitely a difference from my first pregnancy where I didn't pass the 1 hr and had to take the 3 hr!

I'll be going back in 2 weeks and then it will be every week! It's getting real folks!

Gender: Girl!

Stretch marks? None yet

What do I miss? Being able to eat like normal.  Seriously...Im not sure if it's the way she's positioned or what, but this whole pregnancy has been so difficult in the eating department.  Like...so full after three bites that I feel like everything is going to come right back up.  I try to eat smaller meals more often, but I stay full for so long after I eat that it doesn't always happen that way.  Not to be whiny (too late, huh) but I can't wait until that gets back to normal.

How have I been feeling? Eh...pretty pregnant and everything that goes along with it.  I'm super glad I don't have to deal with the back or hip pain.  I also haven't had any swelling (yet?) and I'm hoping I'll avoid it this time for as long as possible.  The linea negra line I had on my belly last time is nonexistent this time (hooray!) I have been having heartburn pretty regularly and general uncomfortable feeling from carrying around this belly.

Movement: Yes, always all the time! The US tech and the dr. both commented on what a wiggle worm she is. The other day, Matt was calling her name right into my belly and she kicked him in the mouth! She's a feisty little thing!

Food cravings: I've discovered Sonic is so much better than Zaxby's...and it's better in the afternoon than in the morning.  Hashtag weirdo!

Food aversions: None anymore, thankfully!

Rings on or off? Still on and loose most of the time.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Kinda moody/impatient this week.  I can tell I have a shorter fuse and I am trying to be mindful about it. I'm blaming it on just being so tired this week!

Baby "To Do" List: We have gone through some of the stuff in the basement, but have a few more things to go through.  We also need to get the nursery a little more settled in and pull some of the stuff up from the basement.

Comparison: 34 weeks with Sophia HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment