Monday, November 26, 2012

Baby W is 17 weeks!


I missed a belly picture this week because the chalkboard has been blocked for the past couple of days as we are Matt is cleaning out the office and painting for the soon to be nursery...so this is the closest to a bump picture that I've got!

How far along? 17 weeks 6 days



Baby's Development:  Baby is about 5 in. long and 3.5 oz.  and as big as a turnip (gross!) Body fat is beginning to form on the baby and will continue to accumulate throughout the rest of the pregnancy.  Loud noises are starting to startle baby (doorbell, dog barking) but baby will become more accustomed to these noises once they are born from hearing them in utero.  Fingerprints are also forming on fingers and toes this week!



Maternity clothes? Yep! 90% of all bottoms are maternity now.  If they’re not maternity bottoms, they are leggings or yoga pants…and those don’t really count! I can’t even do my pants with the bella band anymore…but I’ll be honest, I was never a fan of that!  I got a pair of pretty comfy Liz Lange black work pants from Target.com this week that I’m really liking!  My shirts are still regular shirts, but I do like the maternity tank top I got from Target.  I feel like mine are getting to be too short. 

Weight Gain? I’m still in the negative compared to my pre-pregnancy weight, but only by a pound or two.

Am I Showing? I think I “popped” last week, but still nothing crazy, I don’t think. The difference between real baby and full belly food baby is quite comical, though. 

Sleep? Sleep is still so-so.  I broke out the pregnancy pillow again this week so I might try to use it.

Exciting Moment? Finding out Baby W’s gender and having our gender reveal party! We were very worried that we might not be able to have it because the little one was not cooperating, but after some sweet tea and jumping jacks, we got the shot we needed!  I still am in awe that I am going to have a SON! It definitely has NOT sunk in yet!


My sweet parents

Gender:  Sweet baby BOY! Elliott Alexander Whitman (thankfully we decided on this name before we were even engaged! We chose Elliott after Matt’s dad’s middle name and Alexander after my dad’s first name.)

Stretch marks? None yet..I am lathering up in Burt’s Bees belly oil and thick lotion every morning!

What do I miss? Getting a good night’s sleep!

How have I been feeling? Still pretty good! I’ve been noticing I am starting to get short of breath really easily recently, so that’s been fun (NOT!) and I had my very first *almost* fainting spell last week too.  I was at Target on my lunch break (apparently…I go to Target a lot!) getting my sandwich grilled when I started to feel really light-headed and my ears started ringing.  I was right next to the Starbucks they have inside, so I went to go sit down for a minute.  The Starbucks employee was really sweet and brought me some water and cheese and crackers…I guess it was low blood sugar or something!

Movement: YES! I love it! I have been feeling little “pops” like crazy…I’m wondering if this little boy ever goes to sleep! I feel them during the day and even at night when I wake up to use the restroom. I love love love it! I can’t wait until Matt can feel it from the outside…hopefully in the next few weeks now!

Food cravings:  Fruit (apples and peanut butter…but only red delicious apples), cheese (Colby jack or cheddar) and crackers, random Nutella cravings. Thanksgiving was amazing now that food is my friend again!

Food aversions: Still chicken and marinara sauce.

Rings on or off? On! Hopefully staying that way for a while!

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy, but still easily irritated!  

Looking forward to:  Our 20 week anatomy scan on December 14th!

3 comments:

  1. wow! SO impressed with your baby weight girl!!! that's awesome!!!! glad you're back to eating and got to enjoy thanksgiving food with the fam ;)

    not to burst your bubble...but i never got stretch marks during pregnancy....those fun little guys typically pop up AFTER the baby is born ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how its happened because belly is definitely growing! I'm sure it'll catch up with me soon!

      Delete
  2. You can try Benadryl for sleep if ya want, it is safe. It worked for me on many occasions.

    ReplyDelete