Monday, December 17, 2012

20 weeks- halfway there!



How far along? 20 weeks 6 days…134 days to go! HALFWAY Done!  I am now at the downward slope of the pregnancy and I have been pregnant for longer than the time that is left.


Baby's Development:  Baby is measuring about 6.5 inches crown to rump and at the anatomy scan, the tech said she weighs in at 14 oz…almost a pound! Sophia’s uterus is fully formed at this point and she has about 7 million eggs in her tiny ovaries, but will be born with about 2 million, which is all the eggs she will ever have.



Maternity clothes? Yep! All pants..some shirts

Weight Gain? According to MY scale, I’m +2lbs over pre-preg weight.  Since I weigh myself at the same time every day, I’m going to go with that number and not with the Dr’s office who said I was +7lbs over pre-preg weight.  What do they know anyways!

Am I Showing? Yep! At least I think so! More and more people at work are starting to comment on it. I visited with Val and Nat this weekend and at one point Nat said.. “I saw it! Larissa just looked pregnant!”  So maybe it’s just that obvious to me? haha

Sleep? Some nights are better than others…I think it will probably be like this for like..the next 18 years!

Exciting Moment? Finding out that baby boy Whitman is actually a baby GIRL! Shopping for girl clothes after we found out!

Gender:  I figure that this would be the one question that never has a different answer, but what do I know? Sweet baby GIRL Sophia Caroline!

Stretch marks? None yet..I am lathering up in Burt’s Bees belly oil and thick lotion every morning!

What do I miss? Nothing, really!

How have I been feeling? Great! I’ve been dealing with acne since I found out I was pregnant, so that’s really my only problem…which I am totally ok with! I have also been having more heartburn recently.  But, relatively speaking, this has been a very easy pregnancy so far! I hope it continues.

Movement: Still moving around like crazy! Matt felt it again last night, which is so cool to me!  I am feeling it a lot higher up today..like at least 2 inches above my belly button.  I’m not sure what she’s doing in there!

Food cravings:  Still loving some fruit! Pancakes/waffles and coffee ice cream are making the list once more.

Food aversions: Still chicken…especially if it’s a while chicken breast.  Shredded chicken is ok now… and marinara sauce.

Rings on or off? On! Hopefully staying that way for a while!

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy, but still easily irritated!  

Looking forward to:  Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Girl you like amazing. Even if you were really 7+ over pre pregnancy weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how great you are doing on your weight! I lost weight the first trimester, maintained several weeks after that then BAM I gained 3 lbs in a week!

    I love reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete