Monday, February 18, 2013

Sophia is 29 weeks!




How far along? 28 weeks and 6 days..just 71 days to go!



Baby's Development:  Sophia is about 17 inches long and almost 3 lbs…the size of a butternut squash! No wonder I am feeling such strong movement! Fat is depositing under the skin and her skin is becoming less wrinkled. Although the buds for her baby teeth formed earlier in the pregnancy, now permanent teeth buds are forming. Her bones are starting to harden and store iron, phosphorus and calcium, but they will still remain soft enough to accommodate birth. Ovaries are also well-developed at this stage…they are producing hormones and already contain millions of eggs.

= 
Maternity clothes?  Yep! My belly is starting to feel uncomfortable in some of my early maternity pants, though.  I am counting down the days until it gets a little warmer so I can just live in dresses!

Weight Gain? About 10 lbs over pre-preg. weight.

Am I Showing? Oh yea!

Sleep?  Sleep has gotten a little better.  I am still waking up a few times a night to find a new position or use the restroom, but since we got the new humidifier, I think we are both sleeping better.

Exciting Moment? We did our hospital tour yesterday.  I thought we were a little behind but there were other couples there that were due in like..2 weeks! I thought I had a big belly until I looked around and realized it was going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better! Haha I couldn’t wait that last minute, so I am glad we can make that off of our checklist.  Speaking of checklist, I made Matt a “Before Baby Gets Here” list, which I am sure he is super excited about! ;) We also finally found a frame to go around Sophia’s name in the nursery and are planning on getting some things painted and hung up on the walls in the nursery this coming weekend.

We went to Fogo de Chao this weekend with another couple as a late V-Day celebration and it was so yummy, but I think everyone left feeling a little miserable.  It’s not very fun going when you get full super quickly! But I did make sure to try a little bit of everything that came to the table…except the lamb, I can’t do that one.

Gender:   GIRL!

Stretch marks? Still none yet, but my belly and lower back has been super itchy lately. I have been putting on coconut oil and my Burt’s Bees belly oil on in the morning and at night.  I know that they ruled by genetics and blah blah blah, but it feels like I can actually feel my belly stretching more and more each day, so it makes me feel better in my mind. J

What do I miss? My normal clothes fitting, being able to bend over without it feeling uncomfortable, not having heartburn 24/7, and painting my toenails…it’s the little things.

How have I been feeling? Still pretty good…I’m definitely doing the pregnancy waddle..or “pregnancy swag” as I saw it being called the other day.  Random aches and pains and uncomfortable-ness here and there but nothing I can’t deal with.



Movement:  Oh yea..she’s dancing like crazy in there! Her little feet are always poking my right side and I can feel her little bottom around my belly button.  She gets hiccups pretty often and I always feel them really low, so I that’s what I am assuming I am feeling everywhere else. I was able to get some of the movement on video and I sent it out to everyone…it's a little dark, but check it out below!


Food cravings:  Still loving the berries…every morning my snack is a bowl of strawberries and blueberries.  I was craving chocolate pretty hardcore this week, but I think that has subsided some.  My newest thing is ice…especially from Zaxby’s.  I know some of my iron levels were a little low last appointment and that craving ice can be an indicator of that, so either it’s all in my head or they are related.  I have never in my life been an ice chewer, so it’s new for me.

Food aversions: Nothing…just gotta make sure to eat little meals often.

Rings on or off? Still on

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy!

Looking forward to:  Baby shower this weekend and working on the nursery!

3 comments:

  1. Looking great! Gah that video makes me miss those sweet kicks/movements. Enjoy it while you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH that video takes me back! :) Love it!
    You look fantastic! Loving your maternity clothes too, they look like regular ones. Your comment about it getting worse before it gets better made me laugh out loud. 11 weeks....that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for berries! I love your blog

    ReplyDelete