Monday, March 18, 2013

33 weeks!



How far along? 33 weeks and 6 days..43 days to go!



Baby's Development:  Sophia is about 17-19 in and weighs on average about 4.5 lbs...about the size of a pineapple!  By this point and she could grow up to an inch a week if she is on the shorter side right now. She could also double or triple her weight in the remaining 6 weeks. There is also more baby than amniotic fluid, which is why movement is so much stronger. She is acting more like a newborn, eyes closing while asleep and opening while awake. Her immune system is also developed at this point and will be able to protect her from infections once she is born!



Maternity clothes?  Yep…just trying to make do with what I have for now.  Jeans are still not working for me anymore and neither are my regular maternity pants, especially those with the underbelly panel. 

Weight Gain? Still about 13 lbs over pre-preg. weight.

Am I Showing? For sure!

Sleep?  Same ol’, same ol’…some days are good, some not so good.

Exciting Moment? We had our 32 weeks appointment this week..I know..I’m a little behind since I was 33.5 weeks. Everything looked great! We have another appointment next week and then it’s every week! The midwife was able to answer a few questions I have regarding how much over due they will let me go and some other stuff that randomly popped up in my head that I have now forgotten about. 

Gender:   GIRL!

Stretch marks? None yet..I got some Bio Oil this weekend, so I’ll be adding that into the rotation soon. 

What do I miss? Being able to wear my normal clothes!

How have I been feeling? Pretty good the end of this week.  I was able to work from home on Friday since I had my Dr’s appointment, so I didn’t have to wake up at 5:30 like I normally do and we had a pretty low-key weekend.  I think the extra rest helped! Plus, I move around a lot more during the weekend than during the work week. 

Movement:  She is dancing like crazy in there! I love feeling her knee/elbow/foot/whatever it is on my side and her butt/back near my belly button.  Sometimes she pushes out SO hard against my belly button I feel like I’m going to see her giving me stretch marks right then and there.

Food cravings:  Still loving any kind of baked goods, berries and ice! Matt went and picked up a bag of Sonic ice for me, which is just as good as Zaxby’s! Now I have a bag at home and I don’t have to bug Matt to stop at Random Zaxby’s for me.

Food aversions: None really, although I am not as excited about food anymore.

Labor signs: Nope, not yet!

Rings on or off? Still on…the swelling that I have had has been in my legs/feet, so I’m still wearing them.

Happy or Moody most of the time:  This week I was pretty moody towards the beginning.  I tried to reign it in as much as possible, but I was just so uncomfortable..hopefully week 34 will be better! J

Looking forward to:  Our last baby shower is this weekend and I can’t wait!

1 comment:

  1. looking good! I'm with you on getting uncomfortable and being over maternity clothes. Not much longer :)

    ReplyDelete