Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 32...8 months!



How far along? 32 weeks and 6 days..50 days to go!



Baby's Development:  Sophia is about 4 lbs now and 19 inches long...the size of a jicama?? and she is running out of space! At the last dr’s appointment the midwife confirmed she is head down and based on where I feel hiccups when she gets them, I’m pretty sure she hasn’t flipped or anything. She is still gaining fat, which helps her regulate body temperature and her skin is turning more opaque. She could also be growing hair right now!  I came out with a head full of hair and Matt was a baldie, so we will see who she takes after.  She’s also working on 20-40 minute long sleep cycles right now!

Maternity clothes?  Of course…I have boycotted pants and plan to wear dresses from here on out…namely maxi dresses…hopefully the weather cooperates!

Weight Gain? 13 lbs over pre-preg. weight.

Am I Showing? It looks like there is a legit basketball under my shirt, so I would say definitely!

Sleep?  Always tired and fall asleep fine, but still waking up multiple times during the night.  Some nights its more difficult for me to go back to sleep than others…especially when she gets hiccups in the middle of the night!

Exciting Moment? My mom threw us a baby shower this weekend! Sophia stocked up on some awesome and well-needed goodies! I’m sure I’ve said it before and I will say it again, we have been SO lucky and SO blessed by the love we have been shown.  I never would have imagined that this many people would want to come and celebrate with us and it makes me very, very happy. J

Baby daddy!

Cousins!

Gender:   GIRL!

Stretch marks? Still ok here..

What do I miss? Getting off the couch like a normal person and being able to wear anything in my closet…not having to think about whether or not something will fit.  Good sleep, too.

How have I been feeling? Really pregnant! I’m not quite in the “miserable pregnant” stage yet, but I’m definitely not very comfortable right now! Each day is different though and I’ve noticed it really depends on her position.  My ribs hurt, my back hurts, my hips hurt…typical pregnancy pains!  I noticed that I am beginning to swell a little bit, too, mostly in my feet.

Movement:  Yes, she is always going crazy in there! She’s got some sharp little knees that she loves to poke into my side and she loves pushing her butt out on the left side of my belly button. 

Food cravings:  Still loving Zaxby’s ice! Fruit, expecially berries and my morning smoothies are still a daily thing, too. Trying to get in as much water as possible to help with swelling, but it’s really difficult for me for some reason. 

Food aversions: Not really…just no spicy stuff cause that gets the heartburn going like crazy!

Labor signs: None yet…still no Braxton Hicks or pre-term contractions and I am a-ok with that!

Rings on or off? Still on

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy …uncomfortable, but happy! J

Looking forward to:  We have our 32 week Dr’s appointment this Friday…another one down, just a few more to go!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it crazy how fast it's flown by? Gah! It feels like just yesterday I was barely showing....

    ReplyDelete