Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sophia's Week Three



Sophia's third week was from May 16-May 22

Weight: At her 2 week appointment on May 20th, Sophia was 9 lbs and 20.5 inches long.  She is already growing out of some of her newborn clothes, so I am sure we have grown a little more since then.
Health:  Still doing great! The umbilical cord FINALLY fell off! Wohoo! We have been giving her mylicon drops before each feeding, so she is doing much better with gas.  She also had a little bit of a diaper rash, but I have been putting coconut oil on it and it has disappeared.
 

Sleep: Sleep was pretty good for week three. She slept through most of her naps and was waking about every 3 hours to eat during the day and every 4 hours at night.  I was even able to lay out by the pool one day while she slept! She is still mostly sleeping in her crib, but we put her in the swing sometimes if she's extra cranky.  That's a last resort right now. 

Social: I have been trying to get out of the house at least once or twice a week to run errands or do whatever.  She does pretty good. I usually nurse her and then put her in her car seat at the start of her nap.  I usually take a shower and get everything ready during one nap and then wait for the other one to leave. It takes a little more planning, but I make it work!
Diet: Thankfully, we are still doing great with nursing.  She is doing better with the choking and eating too fast, so I am sure that has helped some with the gas, too.  I think my supply has finally matched up to her needs.  During the night she eats on one side and then and then I will pump on the other, but she wakes up around 3 hours when she does this instead of 4.
Clothes: Still in mostly newborn clothes, although we are kinda between sizes right now.  the 0-3 month clothes are a little big, while the newborn are a little tight.

Baby Gear Loves:  We are still loving our play mat and the little awake time we have we spend tummy time on it and I am still loving my pump and milkies while nursing.  And I don't think we would survive without our swaddles
 
Crying: When she hungry and when she gets tired she loves to let us know!
Likes: Eating, sleeping, cuddling with mommy and daddy, being swaddled. Just for fun, here's a video of Sophia "talking." :)
 
Post Partum:  I am now down 4 lbs. below my pre-pregnancy weight! Woohoo! Thank you breast feeding! I am back in my normal clothes, too and it feels great!

Milestones: The umbilical cord falling off! Woohoo!
The day it fell off..

A few days later..

 











1 comment:

  1. Wahoo for being back in normal clothes!!! Yay!! I know that's a huge milestone!

    ReplyDelete