Friday, June 7, 2013

Week Four Summary



Sophia's fourth week was from May 23-May 29

Weight: Our next appointment is June 3rd, so we will see how much she has grown!
Health: So thankful we are still super healthy! We are still giving mylicon drops with every feeding cause she gets a little gassy at night.

Sleep: My oh my...the end of week 3 heading into week four was rough in this department! Sophia started having a really difficult time going down for naps during the day.  She would fuss and cry and kept fighting sleep.  When she finally did fall asleep, she was awake 30 mins. later.  There was a lot of frustration and crying this week...I might have even cried. We tried a lot of different things that didn't work this week! We tried the swing, the crib, the swing with the paci, the crib with the paci, nursing to sleep, rocking to sleep, patting her back and saying shhhhh until she fell asleep.  A lot of times, the moment I laid her down, her little eyes popped open and we were wide awake.  It was rough for sure.  Thankfully her night time sleep was still great and most nights she would sleep for 3 or 4 hour stretches.
Social: Sophia is starting to become more aware of her surroundings when she is awake.  This week, her and Matt helped me celebrate my 29th birthday!
Our little family on my birthday celebration!

Three generations of May babies

Me and my sweet girl


Diet: Still 100% breast milk and doing great with nursing. I am starting to build up my frozen supply and have been pumping at least once a day since I came home from the hospital.  Most of my pumping happens at night when she only eats on one side and then is too knocked out to eat on the other, so I will pump the side she doesn't eat on.


Clothes: Some of her newborn sleepers are starting to get a little tight on her in length.

Baby Gear Loves:  MAM pacifiers, Fisher Price snugabunny swing, still loving the swaddles.
Crying: When she hungry and when she gets tired she loves to let us know!
Likes: Eating, sleeping, baths, looking at the ceiling fans all around the house.
 

Post Partum:  I am still about 4.5 lbs below pre-pregnancy weight. I had my 4 week post partum check up this week and everything went great.  I am still waiting on some stitches to dissolve (tmi??) but other than that I am feeling pretty much back to normal. My appetite is crazy because of breast feeding...I want to eat allll the time! I try and run some errands with Sophia during the week to get us both out of the house and let me tell you...I feel like it is an olympic event! I have to take a shower and get myself ready during one of her naps, make sure everything is all packed up, nurse her when she wakes up, and the put her in the car seat and pack her up and hope that she takes her next nap while we are out.  She gets really hot in the car seat and we only have about 1.5 hours until it's time for her to eat again, so then I am rushing around the store like a mad women trying to get everything I need so I can avoid a baby melt down.  Usually it happens in the car on the way home until we get about 5 mins from the house, which is when she falls asleep.  As soon as we get in the house, she is wide awake and not happy to be in the car seat!





 











1 comment:

  1. hearing about running errands made me laugh out loud!!! gah i remember those days so well...it's SO frustrating! and when you are rushing rushin rushing your milk totally lets down and your boobs get all sweaty and yucky b/c you wanna nurse and then she can smell it and she gets fussier haha

    ReplyDelete