Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Summary of Week 11



Sophia's eleventh week was from July 11- July 17

Weight: I would probably guess somewhere in the 13 lb range.
Health: We tried a new diaper brand this week (Up and Up from Target) which started to give her diaper rash, so we went back to Pampers swaddlers.  I think since the Pampers pulls the wetness away from the skin, it doesn't give her diaper rash like the other brands we have tried.
Sleep: She is still doing great on the 3.5 hour schedule.  She typically has one or two naps a day that she wakes up halfway through, but the others are pretty good.  I watch her and as soon as I see those first couple of yawns, I start to put her down.  I swaddle her while saying "shhhhhh" and turn on her Sleep Sheep while I am swaddling her.  I tell her night night and then leave the room.  She is still awake and falls asleep within a couple of minutes.  I am always so amazed that she is asleep so quickly.  The only time Sophia goes down crying is if I miss her sleepy window and put her down when she is too tired.  She pretty much always has a great morning nap and a great late evening nap. She is also still doing great sleeping through the night! 
Happy girl getting ready to run errands with Mommy
Social: Sophia loves to smile and she will smile at anyone when they start talking to her.

Diet: She is starting to get very active when she nurses.  Her little arms flails all around and she kicks and kicks her legs.  It's getting more difficult to nurse her in the glider that's in the nursery because she pushes her feet on the arm rest and it hurts! I started giving her a bottle once every two or so days so she is still used to it.  Matt and I are going to a concert on Aug. 3rd and his parents will be watching her, so I want to make sure she is used to them still.  We were using Dr. Brown's bottles, but for some reason when we tried giving them to her again, she kept gagging on the nipple, so I switched to MAM bottles, since that's the paci she takes.  She seems to like those much better and will take about 4.5-5 ozs.

Clothes: She kept having some blowouts, so we moved to a size 2 diaper.  They're a little bit big, but they work a lot better. 
Baby Gear Loves: Sleep sheep and halo sleep sacks, pump, activity mat, etc.

Crying:  Just when she's super tired.
Likes: Baths, talking, her activity mat and bouncer.
Post Partum:  Still feeling great!


No comments:

Post a Comment