Friday, November 16, 2012

16 weeks!

How far along? 16 weeks and 1 day…heading into my 5th month of pregnancy!



Baby's Development:  Baby W is about 5 in. long and weighs about 3-5 oz…about the size of an avocado! In the next few weeks, baby will DOUBLE its weight…GROWTH SPURT! The tiny bones in baby’s ears are in place making it likely that baby can hear my voice.  Some studies have found that babies that are sung to while they are in the womb will recognize the same tune after they’re born.  Time to perfect my “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!”  Baby now has both eyebrows and eyelashes, too!


Maternity clothes? Still mixing them in with my regular clothes…and still liking maternity clothes more! I pulled out the bella band again and gave it another try. I’ll be trying it this week at work to see how I like it. 

Weight Gain?  Still about -3 to -4 lbs. It fluctuates a lot throughout the week.

Am I Showing? Again, it depends on the day..there are some days when I feel SO pregnant…and others where I don’t as much. 

Sleep? Sleep is a lot better..I can’t complain!

Exciting Moment? This weekend we will be having out early ultrasound to find out the gender and our gender reveal party is Sunday!  I also have my 16 week appointment, so I am always excited to hear Baby W’s heartbeat!

What do I miss? I miss not being the lame pregnant lady.  I am loving being pregnant right now, don’t get me wrong.  However, I realized last weekend (at the Citizen Cope concert specifically) that there are some places that I am not going to have that much fun at.  Especially at a concert on the floor, when you have no patience and you have people smoking around you that you can’t get away from.  Pre-pregnant Larissa would have sucked it up because I’ve been waiting for the concert for 4 years and he’s my faaaavorite.  However, it wasn’t just me to think about, so I had to leave my awesome 5th row spot and watch it on a big screen. We did stop by Krispy Kreme on the way home (and the hot sign was on), so all was right in my world, but I can’t deny that I was a little bit bummed.

How have I been feeling? Pretty good! Not much that I can complain about right now.  I’m happy to be settling into the magical 2nd trimester quite nicely.

Movement: I think I felt my first legit kick on November 16th! It was during work at our Thanksgiving lunch and felt a little pop! It was awesome :)  Matt swore that he felt the heartbeat the other day when his hand was on my belly.  I’m excited to see how he’ll react when he can start feeling the baby, too.

Food cravings:  Alfredo from Olive Garden, grapefruits, apples and peanut butter.


Food aversions: Sweets, chicken, marinara sauce.


Rings on or off? On! Hopefully staying that way for a while!

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy but my patience is completely shot…with people…with waiting…in traffic.  Like…gone completely.  I hope it comes back sometime soon!

Looking forward to:  Finding out the gender of Baby W! Next weekly update I write we will know if we are team BLUE of PINK!

4 comments:

  1. Did you take advantage of the two dinners for $12.95 at Olive Garden?? Alfredo is on that menu!!

    I think you're having a girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic and I cannot WAIT to see how the gender reveal party went, and most of all, what you guys are having!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was perfect and everything turned out great! :)

      Delete