Monday, November 19, 2012

It's a...gender reveal party!

This weekend was full of fun and excitement for us! Saturday morning our ultrasound appointment was at 9 am, but it was about an hour and 15 mins away closer to where my parents live.  I thought I had set my alarm to give us plenty of time to get ready and go, but I get the alarm I chose was set to only go off on weekdays, not weekends! So needless to say we woke up LATE! Mega late! Like..45 mins. before we had to be there late! We called and let them know and ran out the door!

When we got there (we used Images from the Womb in Suwannee) we rushed to fill out paperwork so we could get to the good part! We hadn't seen Baby W on an ultrasound since week 8, so we knew a lot had changed! It was so cool to see the baby on the big screen! We could see the spine, and all the ribs and even the arms and legs!  We got a couple of 3D/4D ultrasound pictures printed off, too!  The owner of the place, bless his heart, tried SO hard to get a good picture of the "goods" so he could tell us the gender, but baby was NOT having it! The legs were together and crossed at the knees and weren't moving.  He suggested I run around the office and do some jumping jacks (luckily nobody else was there but us!) but it still didn't do us any good! He suggested we come back another day and try again! I was like...no way! We have a gender reveal party tomorrow! He was really sweet and squeezed us in between two appointments and told us to come back at 12:30.

We went and grabbed some breakfast at IHOP.  I made sure to sweet tea and crepes with blueberry compote hoping that the sugar and caffeine would wake baby up a little bit! This time, we got there about 30 mins early!  He said we got lucky because the appointment before us came early and was already done we went back tot he ultra sound room.  Again, we tried to get baby to show us the goods, but this child is already stubborn like Momma Daddy! I got up again to run around, do some jumping jacks, and drink some more sweet tea! 

Finally all my "exercising" around the office helped! We were able to see 100% what the gender was! Matt and I were both so excited to find out! We kept teasing our Moms all day trying to make them think one way or another! All the grandparents thought it was a girl!

I stayed Saturday night at my parents house to help decorate and prepare for the party.  

Our invites:
I got these super cute invitations from Etsy from a great seller named Hank and Petunia.  We also got some party bunting and cupcake toppers.  They all turned out great and were very affordable!



Here are some more pictures from the party...










And the moment you've all been waiting for! Here is the video of the big reveal!



It's a sweet baby boy!

We had such a blast doing this gender reveal and even though it was an exhausting weekend, we are so blessed and feel so loved by everyone who came out to celebrate with us! We are surrounded by such awesome friends and family and we know what Baby boy Whitman will be very loved and oh so spoiled!


We can't wait to meet Elliott Alexander Whitman in Spring 2013!


5 comments:

  1. My heart starting beating all fast watching that video just like it did on Sunday at the party! Hahaha!! I mean I already knew what was going to happen this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I was wrong, either way a baby is a blessing!!! Congrats to you and Matt! I loved the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you but just stumbled upon your blog. I also went to images of the womb at 16.5 weeks and was told I was having a girl. The same guy had a hard time getting the sex and then was pretty sure it was a girl. At 20 weeks the ultrasound tech told me girl too and then at 22.5 weeks I found out 100% my little girl was actually a boy. So I know exactly what you've been through with finding out the wrong sex. That's so weird it was at the same place! I now tell everyone not to do the early ultrasound b/c it is so inaccurate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so crazy that y'all went to the same place! I had a friend who went at 14 weeks that recommended it. At least we're not alone! Congrats on your little boy! :)

    ReplyDelete