Tuesday, April 2, 2013

35 weeks!



How far along? 35 weeks and 6 days..29 days to go!

Baby's Development:  Sophia is about 20 inches and 5.5 lbs…the size of a honeydew melon! This is about as long as she is going to get and will only grow weight wise.  She is still accumulating fat and her skin is getting less wrinkly.

Maternity clothes?  Loving this weather so that I can live in dresses and sandals! Along with pants, I am also striking on flats and boots because they are way too constricting and uncomfortable!


Just for comparison's sake...


Weight Gain? 15 lbs over pre-preg. weight.

Am I Showing? Yes…you know you are 9 months pregnant when you walk into a store and the sales associate just looks at your belly and says “WOOOW!” haha

Sleep?  My internal alarm clock has been waking me up at like 3:30 am every night for the past couple of nights and I am wide awake.  I typically can’t fall back asleep until 4:30 or 4:45, which has been making it very difficult to wake up at 5:45 when my alarm goes off!

Exciting Moment? Easter was last weekend and we had fun celebrating with everyone.  We have hosted it at our house the past two years, but this year we met all met up at a restaurant in Atlanta, which was great! Less preparation/clean up involved! And I realized that the next time we will ALL be together will probably be when Sophia gets here!


My appointment last week went great as well.  As of last Wednesday, she is still heads down, which I am very happy about!

Gender:   Girl!

Stretch marks? Still none…I’m hoping I can hold out these last 4 weeks and after birth and be ok.

What do I miss? Sleeping comfortably!

How have I been feeling?  Depends on the day, but pretty good for the most part.  We were out and about a lot this weekend and even though by the end of the say my back and feet were killing me, it was nice to get up and move around.  I think part of the reason I am so uncomfortable during the day at work is because I have to sit all day.  I make it a point to walk around during my lunch, even if it’s just meandering around Target or TJMaxx, but most days my ribs/butt/back are killing me by the time I get home. 

I have also had a few random dizzy spells.  It usually starts off with me feeling like I can’t breathe (probably cause she is still so high up) and doesn’t go away unless I sit and rest for about 10 mins. I asked the midwife about it and she chalked it up to another random pregnancy symptom, but nothing to worry about.

Movement:  She is still moving like crazy.  The other day she flipped around to where her feet were on my left side instead of my right.  She’s only done that one or two other times and it made me nervous thinking that would flip into the breech position.  I think she is still head down, though and her feet are back on my right side.  We will see at my appointment tomorrow.

Food cravings:  Monday through Friday I basically eat the same thing every day until lunch.  I make my smoothie with berries, spinach, greek yogurt, amazing greens, agave, and chia seeds.  When I get to work I eat my berry mix and popcorn as a snack when I get hungry. Lunch and dinner are a little less structured though.

Food aversions: Nothing really..

Labor signs: I’ve been having some more Braxton hicks and random twinges, cramps and pulls in my lower abdomen.  Nothing crazy, but I can definitely tell that everything is stretching and getting ready for D-Day!

Rings on or off? Still on

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy!

Looking forward to:  Dr’s appointment tomorrow.  This will start my weekly appointments where they begin with the internal checks. Not that I am super excited about that, but it will be nice to see if there is any progress (which I’m pretty sure there isn’t!)

1 comment: