Monday, April 8, 2013

36 Weeks...9 Months!

Woah big belly!


How far along? 36 weeks and 6 days..22 days to go!



Baby's Development:  We are about 6 lbs and 20 inches long..about the size of a crenshaw melon.  All of Sophia’s bones (including skull) are still pretty soft at this point to make delivery a little easier on me. Most of her systems are fully with the exception of a few, like her digestion system which will develop sometime after birth.

Maternity clothes?  Actually right now, I’m mostly in regular clothes because I’m just wearing dresses..I can’t wait to be back in all normal clothes!

Weight Gain? 15 lbs over pre-preg. weight.

Am I Showing? For sure

Sleep?  I’ve been sleeping with a body pillow recently and it’s really the only way I can get any sleep.  Even though Matt hates it cause it takes up so much room, without it my hips kill me.  I got a Snoogle at the very beginning of my pregnancy, but I have used it a handful of times and I hate it! I think I am the only pregnant lady on the face of the Earth that doesn’t sing that pillow’s praises!

Exciting Moment? Our first weekly appointment was this week.  I had to do the fun (not!) Strep B test and my results came back negative for that.  Woohoo!  The Dr I met with said he doesn’t normally do internal checks for progression because he said that since you could be walking around 3 cms dilated for week with no signs of labor or you could be 1 cm at your appointment and go into labor that night, the checks don’t matter much.  He left it up to me and said if I wanted it done, he would, but I was totally ok with skipping this one as I’ve heard they aren’t very comfortable!  We’ll see if the Dr. I am seeing this Wednesday does it or not.

This weekend we knocked out a lot of last minute baby prep.  We put together our swing, installed the car seat bases, washed a ton of baby clothes, packed Sophia’s bag and started packing mine, and I grabbed a few things we still needed off our registry from Babies R Us…mostly breast feeding things. The nursery is about 95% done..there are a few things that Matt still needs to hang on the wall and we have to get some curtains up.  Hopefully we should have all that done within the next week!

Gender:   Girl!

Stretch marks? Still none..

What do I miss? Being able to sleep on my stomach/back, not waddling

How have I been feeling?  Still pretty good considering that I am 9 months pregnant..it could be a lot worse!  This week, I have started to feel a lot more cramps and pressure down low and I have started to feel a lot more movement from Sophia real low, too.  I don’t think that she has “dropped” yet, but I can definitely feel her lower than I am used to.  In the past couple of days, I have also start to have this intense sharp pain in my lower abdomen, too.  My whole stomach will be tight and I will get a twinge that lasts a couple of seconds or so.  It helps when I’m walking if I hold the underside of my belly…takes some of the pressure off.  Dr. Google says that it’s baby hitting a nerve, so I am not too worried, but it’s definitely wince-worthy sometimes!

Movement:  I felt a legit leg/arm this week..craziest thing ever!  I have also been able to feel her “practice breathing” a lot more recently when her back is right up to my belly…it is the sweetest thing!

Food cravings:  Still loving my Zaxby’s/Sonic ice!

Food aversions: Nothing really..

Labor signs: Cramps, lower abdomen pressure, some Braxton Hicks, too.

Rings on or off? Still on and kinda loose.

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy!

Looking forward to:  Our appointment this week and getting closer and closer to meeting our little one!


7 comments:

  1. I know I'm like a broken record, but you look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I definitely don't feel like I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Amanda, your belly is so cute! It looks like you just have a basketball under your dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thanks Danielle! That's exactly what it feels like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 15lbs and no stretch marks? You go girl!! You look awesome! Can't wait to see the little one! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I can't wait to meet her either! :)

      Delete
  6. Aunt Val can't wait to meeeet you!!!

    ReplyDelete