Monday, April 22, 2013

38 weeks!



How far along? 38 weeks and 6 days! 8 days to go…we’re in the single digits!!



Baby's Development:  Sophia is still just fattening up at this point.  At my last visit, the midwife said she estimates that she will be in the 6lb range at birth and would be surprised if she is over 7 lbs.  That was from her feeling around on my belly, so we will see when she comes!



Maternity clothes?  Rotating my collection of maxi dresses..

Weight Gain? Still at 17 lbs over pre-preg. weight.

Am I Showing? For sure!

Sleep?  Last night I woke up about once an hour to use the restroom, turn over, or take heartburn meds. This is pretty standard, so it’s no fun!

Exciting Moment? My prenatal massage felt amazing this weekend! I had her do some reflexology on my foot to see if we could get things moving along, but nothing has happened yet!

I also has my work shower this week! It was so sweet of everyone to put it together and we got the pack and play we registered for! WOOHOO!

Gender:   Girl!

Stretch marks? Still none

What do I miss? Sleep and being comfortable!

How have I been feeling?  Week 38 was a doozy for me.  As soon as I turned over weeks, I could tell a difference in my body.  I have been feeling tons more pressure in my lower abdomen and my lower back kills me.  Today I have been having a ton of pressure and menstrual like cramps along with some strong Braxton Hicks contractions.  Although my goal is to avoid an induction, I can totally see how/why people get induced at this point! You are just so uncomfortable and the waiting totally messes with your head.  It’s crazy that it could literally be at ANY moment that things start to happen and I feel like I am in this weird limbo phase.  You are so ready for things to start happening!

My appetite has been completely off, too.  For the past couple of days, I have felt really nauseous and nothing really sounds appetizing to me.  I even had to pull over on the interstate on my way to work last week so that I wouldn’t get sick all over myself!

The swelling has gotten a little worse for me too, especially in my ankles/feet.  Drinking water and keeping them elevated doesn’t do much for me, so I am just not paying attention to it since it won’t be like this for too much longer.

Movement: She is still moving, but I can tell things are getting squished in there for her! 

Food cravings:  None

Food aversions: None

Labor signs: Cramping/pressure/smaller contractions and Braxton hicks.

Rings on or off? Still on, but they are getting tight.

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy and excited!

Looking forward to:  My next dr’s appointment this Wednesday.  The midwife mentioned she will be wanting to check me for progression, so that will be my first.  I also plan on having her do a membrane sweep to see if that does anything.


3 comments:

  1. Yay, so exciting to hear about all those changes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good! Not much longer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for any other informative site. The place else may I get that kind of information written in such a perfect
    way? I've a project that I am simply now running on, and I have been at the glance out for such info.

    my blog post :: mederma stretch mark therapy reviews

    ReplyDelete