Monday, April 15, 2013

Full term- 37 weeks!





How far along? We are full term! 37 weeks and 6 days..15 days to go!

Baby's Development:  Baby is about 19 inches long (about as long as swiss chard) and weighs about 6.5 lbs…she is gaining about half an ounce per day (on average). Baby girl is gaining weight and practice breathing (which I am feeling a lot of lately!) and getting ready for her big arrival!


Maternity clothes?  Still living in dresses at work and when I go out of the house and Matt’s shirts around the house..

Weight Gain? About 16-17 lbs above pre-preg. weight

Am I Showing? Oh yes! We’re growing by the minute!

Sleep?  Sucks! Still waking up at random times during the night wide awake.  I wake up to roll over, to tell Matt to stop snoring, to use the restroom, and because heartburn wakes me up..no fun!

Exciting Moment? We’re almost finished with the nursery! A few last minute items I ordered came in this week and Matt just has to hang up some shelves on the wall and then we should be all set!

Gender:   Girl!

Stretch marks? Still none..crossing my fingers!

What do I miss? I miss not having heartburn and I miss my regular clothes! I’m excited to get to wear some of them again..it’s gonna be like  whole new closet for me!

How have I been feeling?  Still not too bad considering I’m due in 2 weeks…I know it could be a lot worse! I’m pretty uncomfortable at the end of the work days from sitting all day, no matter how many times I try to get up and walk.  I got myself an ab ball to bounce/sit on at home, so hopefully that will help some.

I can tell my patience is also wearing thinner and thinner by the day.  Not really with people I know, but more with strangers and acquaintances.  People are funny when you’re pregnant.  No, I don’t want you to touch my belly. No, I don’t want to hear your labor story that happened 16 years ago.  No, I don’t want you to ask me how I’m feeling or how much longer I have.  I know people are excited, but if I haven’t heard from you in the past 9 months, I don’t want to hear from you now!  I sound like a real peach right now, don’t I? ;) Of course, I’m sure I did the same things before I got pregnant and realized how annoying it all was! haha

Movement:  yep…still moving around like crazy.  Still feeling a lot more movement really low.  When I’m sitting, I have to sit reclined because I feel like I am crushing her if I am straight now! That’s probably why my tailbone hurts so much at the end of the day. I am also feeling a lot more practice breathing.

Food cravings:  None really..

Food aversions: Nothing really..

Labor signs: Had some more Braxton Hicks and regular contractions on Friday and Saturday.  I think I overdid it on Saturday because my the end of the day, I wasn’t feeling very well.  I know I have dropped at this point, but it was a lot less noticeable that I thought it would be.  I thought it would make a huge difference in my heartburn and feeling out of breath, but it didn’t really.  I started leaking some colostrum (tmi, I know…but I want to be able to use this to look back on) this week, which made me a little more excited than it prolly should have.  Being able to breastfeed is one of my worries and it was reassuring to know things are somewhat on track in that department.

Rings on or off? Still on

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy! Excited! Anxious! Nervous! Worried! Scared! Lol…a whole lot of emotions!

Looking forward to:  My prenatal massage  this weekend! My parents got me a gift certificate for Christmas and I am surprised I have held out this long on using it, but I knew I would appreciate it now  when I am so uncomfortable. I am really excited about relaxing for an hour! Matt and I are also going to Scalini’s this weekend so I can get some of their famous Eggplant parm..maybe that will help move things along a little! J

No comments:

Post a Comment